Thursday, February 25, 2010

More walking and sewing projects progress

There's snow still  on the ground, but I still managed to get outside for a walk yesterday and today. Today the weather was actually quite nice- I don't think the snow will be sticking around too much longer.

Yesterday we walked to the house of one the sisters I visit teach- she lives about half mile away, I think, then we walked to the in-laws house. I think I did about a mile all together but I'm not completely sure on the distances since I don't usually go that direction.

Today I walked 3 miles, and it felt quite good. I'm tired, but not sore. I've been using my compression sleeves, and I think they're making a huge difference. The first two days I walked I didn't use the compression sleeves, and my shins were a little sore- sore muscle sore, not shinsplint sore- but still sore. Last Monday I pulled out my compression sleeves and have been using them since without any soreness. Hopefully it lasts- I'd really like to be able to run without shinsplints.

I finally sat down and knocked some of my sewing projects out- some mending, another pair of leggings for LMS, some mesh produce bags, a tan skirt for me (I bought the fabric when I was pregnant with LMS more than 4 years ago, intending to make a maternity skirt, but I never got around to it), and started my envelope wallet. I want to get my sewing finished so I can pack up all my sewing supplies and my sewing machine.
LMS's new leggings

No comments:

Post a Comment