Sunday, February 21, 2010

Weekly mileage report, Week 2

It took me most of the day, but I managed to get out and walk two miles this afternoon. In my defense, it was cold, alternating snow flurries and fog, so visibility wasn't the greatest. I ended up going during LMS's nap because I was worried about taking her with me- worried about how slick the road might be and worried about how cold it was. I think the stroller would probably have been ok- BOB does a great job on all sorts of terrain, but she definitely would have gotten cold, even bundled up and with the rain cover on.

Over my jacket I wore my day-glo green cycling jersey to make sure I could be seen from at least a mile away, and I didn't worry about the slickness of the roads, because I had my YakTrax Pro on my shoes. I actually bought them (and a set for my FIL) for Christmas last year (more than a year ago), but this was the first time I've used them. I've just been too wussy about getting out in inclement weather. I have to say, I didn't worry about my footing at all- the metal spring things give awesome traction, even on icy roads.Well worth the money I spent (I think about $20-25 on ebay?), and hopefully now I will be more confident about getting out in bad weather.
July '08: LMS wearing my cycling jersey inside out and backward

This week:
Monday: ran errands
Tuesday: walked 2 miles
Wednesday: walked 1 mile
Thursday: walked 1 mile
Friday: watched Mr. M's niece
Saturday: walked 2 miles

Total: walked 6 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment